The first expansion for Warhammer: Vermintide 2 brings a brand new enemy faction and new challenges to the game. As a meteor crashes down in the Reikland, Beastmen emerge from the depths of the Reikwald forest and rush to the epicenter to claim it as a Herdstone. It is up to the five heroes to stop them before a dreadful disaster strikes the Empire.
Key features:* New Enemy Faction: Beastmen - As grotesque hybrids of humans and beasts the Beastmen have the intelligence of a man and the cunning of wild animals. These savage warriors embrace Chaos willingly and will show no compassion or nobility. With profound malice for order and reason, these Children of Chaos want to end the world in bloody carnage.
* New Higher Difficulty - Cataclysm is back, now even harder. * Raised Level Cap - Raised from level 30 to level 35, and with new talents to match. * New Progression System - All new, and separate Winds of Magic specific progression system along with Weave Forged versions of all weapon types.
* 5 New Weapons - One for each hero - Kerillian has a shield and spear. - Sienna can swing her flames with a flaming flail. - Bardin has a new set of throwing axes.
- Saltzpyre now has a billhook. - Kruber can use a heavy spear. * New Adventure Level: Dark Omens - Fight the mighty and strong Beastmen together with your friends in a challenging new level.
* New Game Mode: Winds of Magic - Bring your friends and try to complete a new set of challenges with increasing difficulties in the weaves of the eight Winds of Magic. * The winds of magic are made up of different "weaves" and will be a combination of: - Map: A chunk of an existing adventure map. - Wind: The different Winds of Magic will affect and modify the map.
- Objective: Each map will have a specific objective for players to complete. - Finale: If the objective is completed the players will face the final challenge. - Difficulty: As players progress the difficulty will increase.
An interesting DLC with a fantastic weapon system and concept, but somewhat of a letdown execution.
Winds of Magic is decent, but I feel like it unfortunately represents a step away from what makes the Vermintide series truly special.
Dark Omens is a fantastic level and one that stands out against some already stellar emergent storytelling and setpieces, and the Beastmen make it even more exciting to dive into. Unfortunately, the Winds of Magic game mode is a big step in the wrong direction for people that don't want to start from scratch again.
Ridiculously lacking in new content and with a Weave game mode that feels like a parlor trick you've seen before, Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Winds of Magic's only saving grace is the introduction of the Beastmen. Even then, it's still a mediocre expansion for a once-promising game.
April 30, 2020
Assassin's Creed Valhalla first official trailer is out and it looks amazing! Watch video
April 30, 2020
Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Ubisoft confirms the new game and will unveils its first trailer today at 5pm (8 a.m. PT). Watch video
April 29, 2020
First Battlefield 5, now Star Wars Battlefront 2: DICE says goodbye to updates and focuses on Battlefield 2021. Read more
April 29, 2020
The PlayStation 5 Reveal Event is planned for June 4th, according to a new rumor. Read more